Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tomorrow's the day...

   Not really any special day to anyone else, but tomorrow I have to weigh myself after my first week of WeightWatchers and exercise.  I have to admit I've done surprisingly well. I've been to the gym 6 days this week, I wanted to work out yesterday as well but it was just too crowded. Note to self: Get to the gym extra early on Saturday. I have walked/ran/cycled a total of 25 miles this week! I can not begin to explain to you the level of soreness I went through the first couple of days, but I persevered. I have kept up with my points all week, and while I admit I did have an extra helping of shrimp alfredo last night, I have been pretty good at staying within my range.
    I am proud to announce that I have almost gotten over my irrational social anxiety of working out in the gym with other people. Amelia joined with me last week and it's better now that I don't have to go alone (and I got a free t-shirt and bottle of lotion for taking her to join, gotta love the perks!).
   Obviously you can see that I am not an every day blogger. I only write when I feel like I have something to say, and this morning I found myself worrying that I would get on the scale in the morning and see that I hadn't lost any weight. I hope this doesn't turn out to be the case, because if it is I'm sure I'll lose a considerable amount of motivation. I need to see a change! I have, however, figured out that seeing money come out of our bank account for a gym membership and WeightWatchers serves as pretty dang good motivation in itself.
   I have a lot, a lot, of schoolwork to get done today, and I woke up with an awful sore throat and stuffy nose.  I hope I feel better later on to get to the gym and do one more workout before in the morning. Can you tell I'm nervous? Ha! Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment