Monday, January 31, 2011

3 pounds down!

    I joined WeightWatchers on Friday. I decided that it was crucial that I try something different, because dieting on my own does not work. Ever. If I'm doing it alone, then I feel guilty about every single thing that I eat, even when it's healthy. If I grab an apple or a banana, I'm constantly wondering if I really need that. The great thing about WeightWatchers is that I can eat whatever I want to. As long as I keep under my points then I'm good. Fresh fruits and vegetables are 0 points, so when I'm in between meals and getting a little hungry, I can grab an apple and I'm good. If I decide that I want to splurge and grab some chocolate (I haven't yet, but believe me I will) then as long as I'm willing to sacrifice the 5 or 6 points, I can have it. In addition to your daily Points allowance, you also have an additional 40 or so points that you are allowed to use during the week if you want to splurge on something. Again, this is great because usually when I dieted and I splurged one meal, I never started dieting again because I felt like I had ruined it all.

   I am also happy to announce that I went to the gym yesterday and worked out while two other people were there, and one was the personal trainer. Yay for letting go of the social phobia :) While I didn't utilize his services, I did kick my own butt on the treadmill and boy am I feeling it this morning. I did a combination of walking and running, hopefully before too long I'll be able to just run.

   My WeightWatchers weigh-in is every Monday. So even though I haven't been doing this very long, I jumped on the scale when I got up this morning, and was down 3.2 pounds from Friday. Now, I realize that this is probably because A) I weighed at night time on Friday, and in the morning this time and B) It's probably just water weight, which fluctuates anyway. But at the same time I also know that 1) I don't care what the circumstances are, the number was lower, I'm happy and 2)Seeing the number go down makes me want to go back to the gym. Here's to hoping next Monday's weigh-in will rock!

  By the way, don't lay in the tanning bed for 15 minutes when you're really pale. Just don't do it.

Current Inspiration:
 

I want thisssssssss!

No comments:

Post a Comment