Friday, January 28, 2011

Needed: Lifestyle Change.

  First, a little backstory. There once was a Princess named Lauren :) Lauren had never been thin, but was at a healthy weight and was fairly comfortable with her body image. One ordinary night, eighteen-year-old Lauren was waitressing at Murphy's Diner.. All of the sudden, in came a knight in shining armor wearing a polo and a baseball hat, and he sat in her section. Little did she know that the knight had actually came to the diner to flirt with another girl that worked there. Long story short, they didn't work out :). He and Lauren started dating. Having just moved out on his own, the handsome knight did not cook and ate out every single night. Who went along? She did, of course. It wasn't long until all of the nights of Los Encinos, The Grill, Traceway, and Sonic began to become apparent on her waistline. Very apparent. Thankfully, she didn't hold it against him, and they got married---and then she discovered a love for cooking. Add on more pounds to already overweight Lauren, and this is where we are today.


  When I picture summer, I think of getting to go out in comfy Nike shorts (my addiction), a tshirt, and flip flops. Of course, the Lauren in my head is about 50 pounds lighter with a killer tan. The in-real-life Lauren is overweight and could give Edward Cullen's complexion a run for it's money. I am ashamed to say that my husband and I are both members of a gym, which we pay $54 a month for, and I don't think we've been in three weeks. Considering we've only been members for about four weeks, this is sad.  I of course have an excellent excuse. I hate working out around people. I really, really do. I figured out that if I went at around 9 AM, everyone is at work and therefore the gym is empty. The problem with this is that since I do online classes and I don't work outside the home, I often stay up till 3 AM. There is no chance of me getting up to go work out at 9 the next morning. (I know, I know, this has to change). The gym is staffed from around 12-7. There is a personal trainer there for a few hours, and I just know I would be mortified to work out while somebody in excellent physical shape watched me. Irrational? Absolutely. However, in order to get to the nike short-clad versin of myself I keep picturing in my head, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go.


   I am also not a good dieter. Well, I am for about a week. What causes me to fail every single time is the fact that when I'm dieting I am constantly focusing on what I'm eating, how much I'm eating, how often I'm getting hungry. I think about food way more when I'm trying to control my appetite than I ever would otherwise, and I get sick of it. I get tired of counting calories, wondering what I'm going to eat next that won't sabotage my diet. If I try to write down everything that I eat like some people recommend, I get sick of that too. What is a girl to do?! I need a lifestyle change, and I need to start now. I want to be at a healthy weight, and I want to be about to wear cute clothes and not see an "XL" on the tag.

The current inspiration:



I want this dress! And I want to look good in it. I love dresses, so they are going to serve as my inspiration :)


  While I did not start this blog to be a weight loss blog, I hope it can help me hold myself accountable. I know I'm not going to be able to do this without support, so if anyone has any advice, success stories, constructive criticism.. feel free to comment :)

2 comments:

  1. You should talk to Amanda. She doesn't want to go to the gym when other people are there either. Ya'll could maybe hook up a couple times a week to work out and help keep each other motivated. Don't stress about what you're eating. Like you said make a lifestyle change instead of dieting. Make healthier food choices, but stress over it. If you try to do too much at once it's easy to become overwhelmed. Take baby steps and you will still be amazed at your progress. That's my two cents worth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to say "don't" stress over it :)

    ReplyDelete