Monday, January 24, 2011

Proverbs 31:10-12

"An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life."


    I am completely in love with my husband today. He hasn't done anything special or out of the ordinary; as a matter of fact all he has done is come home, sleep, wake up to eat breakfast, and go back to bed. But somehow I'm reminded at how incredibly lucky I am to get to be married to this guy! He puts up with me, and I assure you that's no easy task. I'm sure you won't believe it, but I can be moody, grumpy, pessimistic, and I can through a hissy fit like you've never seen. But he loves me! I can't tell you how thankful I am that he actually kept me around long enough to marry me. I know we got married young, much to the dismay of my family, but I don't regret it. It hasn't been easy, it's been really hard. It is absolutely amazing that we have come this far.
   
    God has blessed us so much these past seven months. Chris has gotten a new job with almost triple the salary of his last job. I got a new car! I got to quit a horrible job at Chili's to stay at home and focus on school. We are moving to a house, that belongs to my in-laws, in a couple of months that we get to live in rent free. We are blessed! But sometimes I forget about that when I'm wondering how a bill is going to get paid, or when I'm mad that we can't go out on dates to the movies and eat in fancy restaurants all the time. But so far, every bill has always gotten paid (by the grace of God) and who cares if we can't go on dates every weekend? Renting a movie for $1 from the Redbox and watching it with Chris sounds like a good time to me.
   
    I feel older than twenty years old. When other girls my age are talking about going to parties and clubs, I think about how I never had that lifestyle. The thing is, I'm completely fine with that. I wouldn't change a thing :)

1 comment:

  1. For what it's worth, I'm proud to see the woman you've become.

    ReplyDelete