Sunday, February 20, 2011

My New Accountability Partner

 I've always heard it's best to have an accountability partner to help keep you on track with your goals. So far I've found that this blog excellent for accountability. I am 95% sure I may have given up already if it weren't for this blog. My other accountability partner is Amelia, who goes walking and to the gym with me almost every day. She's usually here to force me to get off the couch and go exercise when all I really want to do is watch tv. However, this morning I discovered that I have a very small (seven pounds, in fact) accountability partner who is not going to let me forget to go exercise!

I have taken Asher walking with me every morning this past week. We walk around two miles, and he absolutely loves it.  This is a habit I should have developed a long time ago, and I regret not giving him all the exercise he needs (although he does get "outside time" every day). This  morning I went to move my tennis shoes to the closet, and he saw me pick them up. I wasn't planning on walking this morning! But his eyes lit up and he was so excited that we were about to go on our walk! Of course, I couldn't disappoint him and not take him after that! So we got our exercise in this morning thanks to this little guy. I guess the best accountability partner is one that you just can't say no to!

No comments:

Post a Comment